“I took the poison, from the poison stream, then I floated out of here”. U2 – Running to Stand Still.
Since its inception in 2009, The Harmony Program has delivered education/prevention & rehabilitation workshops around the country to youth organisations such as; TRYS (Tipperary Regional Youth Services) Foróige, Youthreach and Garda Youth Diversion Projects and to residential drug treatment centers Aislinn, in Co. Kilkenny and The Matt Talbot Services in Co. Cork.
Since 2014 full-day workshops have been delivered to over 60 post-primary schools around Ireland. The Harmony Program is now part of the drug treatment program on the medical wing of Mountjoy prison alongside Merchant Quay, Anna Liffey and Coolmine Therapeutic Community Services. It was recently featured in the TV3 four part documentary on Mountjoy prison called ‘The Joy’.
CEO & Founder. Since early childhood, Roger Mehta’s family and personal life has been deeply affected by the impacts of dual diagnosis – mental health illness and alcoholism/substance misuse. He brings a lifetimes worth of experiential learning dealing with the condition. Since 1999 he has worked in the community on a voluntary basis with individuals and families and also in conjunction with the HSE (Health Service Executive of Ireland), South Tipperary Substance Misuse Team.
Over this period he has worked as a drug and alcohol educator in numerous post primary schools and also under the Department of Education while supporting inpatients at St Michael’s Psychiatric Hospital, Co. Tipperary. He was also a community drug and alcohol facilitator with The Mid Tipperary Drug Initiative (MTDI). Roger is the founder, facilitator and CEO of The Harmony Program.
Roger holds certificates in:
- Currently studying for a B.A. (Hons) degree in Counselling Skills & Addiction Studies with ICHAS, Limerick 2017/2018
- Diploma in Alcohol and Drug Studies, University of Limerick (2010)
- Certificate in Drug Intervention and Counseling Skills, Merchants Quay Ireland/UCD (2009)
- Advanced Certificate in Motivational Interviewing for Changing Addictive Behaviours, HSE (2013)
- Certificates in Community Addiction Studies, Waterford Institute of Technology (2009)
- Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist, National Acupuncture Detox Association – Ireland (2010)
- Suicide Intervention Certificate, Applied Suicide Intervention and Skills Training (ASIST) (2008)
Since 1983 Roger has worked in Ireland and the UK as:
- A musician, singer/songwriter – Damien Rice, John Spillan.
- Music and technology teacher – Private, student groups, SongSchool Ltd
- Music as a therapeutic tool -HSE, The National Council for the Blind, RehabCare, Alzheimer Society of Ireland, Dementia Ireland, Senior Citizens.
- Radio broadcaster – Centre radio 101 FM, Tipp FM.
- and live DJ.
He is a 2007 graduate from I.A.D.T, Dun Laoighaire-The National Film School of Ireland where he studied media and journalism.
Tel: Ire +353 (0)52 61 18124 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org